Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Not The End Of The World As We Know It

The Large Hadron Collider fired up today and since we're all still around to make new blog postings and read them, I guess the world didn't end.

I often let my paranoid imagination run rampant with worst-case scenarios and I'd been kind of dreading today at the back of my mind for a few months. I know that the likelihood of the world being gobbled by a black hole or exploding upon contact with antimatter was pretty unlikely. That said, I've read or seen enough cataclysmic sci-fi to give my brain ample fodder to speculate what it might be like the day the world goes ka-pow.

But it looks like we didn't all die and that means that I'll have to pay my Visa bill after all. And here I thought I had a way out of doing that :)

No comments: