Monday, April 23, 2007

Kara Koming Kome, er, Home

I went down to the hospital around lunch today and stayed till around 8ish tonight. Kara was just getting out of the incubator/tanning bed and seems to be doing well. Julie still has to wait until tomorrow morning to get all of the bilirubin tests done but we should be on our way home by around lunch on Tuesday.

It was funny listening to the family next to us. It was a young couple who had twins (their first kids too) and I just wanted to go over and say, "It's ok. Don't worry!" I remember feeling as freaked out when Garrett was born and they were dealing with two at once!

Oh, here's the nice epilogue to my day.

There was a pretty strong windstorm this afternoon. I remembered that we had the window in the nursery open a bit and hoped that the rain hadn't gotten in.

Garrett & I get home tonight and I go upstairs to get his PJ's and change his bum. Oh, what's this? The door has blown shut to the nursery. No biggie... till I tried to open the door.

The door wouldn't open. The knob was spinning, but the latch wasn't moving. I'd actually noticed this a bit earlier in the week but it was more that the latch would only move if I turned the knob one way. Not tonight. It just wasn't opening.

So at 9pm, Garrett and I got out the screwdrivers and hammer and went to work on the door and were eventually able to pry it open. I unscrewed the knob shortly afterwards. I don't really want Julie or Kara to get locked in the room and have to call the fire department!

No comments: