Wednesday, April 25, 2007

DIY Tech Support

I love calling the tech support people at the digital cable place and having them tell me that I should look up my problem on Google since there's nothing in their system about it.

I've been having this annoying light green tint/line thing on my TV since shortly after we upgraded to HD. It only seems to appear on the HD channels but I don't see it in games or anywhere else. It wouldn't be so bad if it appeared all the time, but it changes shape and opacity. Sometimes it's not even visible.

So I called Cogeco and they looked around, couldn't find anything in their database to fix it and basically told me to look it up for myself.

I could get a technician out to have a look at things, but I don't want to have to pay for the call if they decide it's not on their end. On the other hand, I'd like to be able to watch my HD programming without an annoying green line moving up the screen all the time.

Grr...

No comments: