Sunday, December 04, 2005

No more Night Awakes!

Yarg!

I've done the second overnight shift since Thursday and I didn't even plan on it!

The upside is that I don't have to go in to work my 11-11 shift this morning. The downside is that I have to go to church now and get all of the multimedia stuff set up and working and can't sleep like I really should. Ah well. I'll snooze this afternoon.

The shift last night wouldn't have been so bad if I had known that the guy scheduled to do the overnight didn't know he was supposed to do it (hence my being stuck there). Doing the overnight shift can be fun (even if it means you're exhausted the next day) because I can just watch movies and play games till 7am. Alas, last night was a surprise so I didn't even have a book to read.

Let me tell you, TV overnight on a Saturday night sucks, even on Express Vu. At least I had my USB drive with a bunch of Escapist articles to read.

Actually, I did have my fancy new electronic Sudoku gizmo that I had picked up at Walmart on Saturday morning but the stupid thing has a glitch on one of the rows so I can't actually play it. Thankfully I have the receipt so I'm getting a new one. HOLY COW! I just looked up that Sudoku thing and it's 30 pounds in the UK. Mine only cost $14 Canadian. Talk about a bargain.

Zzz...
---
What I'm Reading: The Year Of Our War (when I am not falling asleep on couches or working)
What I'm Playing: WoW, Prince Of Persia: The Warrior Within, Dragon Quest 8
What I'm Watching: Crappy overnight TV, The Iron Giant

No comments: