Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Chronic(what?)cles of Narnia

It seems that 'tis the season to go watch movies. I've watched Serenity at least twice in the last 4 days, went to see King Kong last night and saw Narnia this afternoon.

Yup, good times.

Everyone should go and rent Serenity. Rent Firefly if you can, but at least rent Serenity. I've blathered enough about it though so that's that with that.

King Kong was great. Unfortunately, the first hour and a half could have been trimmed down to about 45 minutes and I wouldn't have missed much. Even after they get to Skull Island I wasn't sure if the movie was going to live up to the hype. Once Kong appears and things get going though... wow. It's pretty much non-stop for the rest of the movie.

I did come pretty close to physical violence at the theatre. There were some punk teenagers who were being a little yappy prior to the movie but were well behaved until this one somewhat serious part about 3/4's of the way through. Then they started talking... and talking... and talking... I even told them to shut up but they kept on going. Thankfully an older gent got up moments before I was about to give them a smack and he got them to shut up. The best part of the movie was when they got up and left about 15 minutes before it was actually done.

I do recommend seeing King Kong in theatre though because the Skull Island and New York sequences are fantastic and really should be seen on the big screen.

The Chronicles of Narnia was probably better than King Kong, though King Kong was much more of a thrill ride as opposed to the solid story that is The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. I can't think of anything wrong with Narnia from a story or movie standpoint. I especially enjoyed the armour worn by the kids during the big battle at the end. Very nice work.

Anyway, that's what I've done so far on my Christmas vacation. I'm off to do the fambly thing now and might not be updating for a day or two. I will say this... There aren't any decent Boxing Day sales worth going to the store at 6am for... at least not unless you have several thousand dollars to spend.
---
What I'm Reading: The Claus Effect
What I'm Playing: FFIV GBA, Dragon Quest VIII
What I'm Watching: King Kong, Narnia, Serenity, Scrubs Season 1


No comments: