Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Meedlymeedly meedly meedly MEEEE!

My copy of Guitar Hero came in today, finally. Supposedly there was some crazy mix-up with the packaging and all of the stuff was in french and they had to send it back to the distributor to get English packaging, thus delaying its arrival on our fair shores for several weeks.

But it's here now and I can finally realize my dream of playing pretend guitar. I've picked at guitars here and there and suck. You'd think that my manual dexterity, honed after years of gaming, would result in my having the coordination needed to play a guitar. Something about the strings and frets and musical ability seem to plague my efforts at every turn.

So thankfully there's a game that comes with a guitar shaped controller (yes indeedy) that will let me pretend to have some musical talent, at least when it comes to guitars.



Between this and my Taiko Drum Master sets, I just need to bust out Garrett's plush piano and I have a band! I think I have this on my christmas list but if anyone DID happen to get me another one (har de har har) I would be happy as a clam as I could then have guitar battles with people when they come over.

No comments: