Friday, December 30, 2005

Best... Noodles... Ever...

Julie & I went out to celebrate our anniversary a few days early as we actually had people to look after Garrett tonight. We went to Lola's Lounge in Sarnia, which is a very neat restaurant.

If you're ever in Sarnia and have a few extra bucks to spend, I highly recommend Lola's. It's fantastic.

Julie had a very tasty steak with the best fries I've had (think of bridge fries but better) while I had a chicken breast stuffed with prusscuto and brie. The scary thing is that my chicken, albeit amazingly tasty, was not the best part of my meal. The skinny egg noodles with lemon butter sauce and sundried tomatoes were the best noodles I have ever tasted. I ended up scarfing them down and left my chicken for later. Mmm...

The atmosphere at Lola's is pretty interesting too. It's an old greasy spoon that has been turned into an upscale martini lounge/restaurant. Actually, it makes me think of a greasy spoon that was ground zero for an explosion of all of James's crazy blue glass.

My mom had said that there might be live entertainment and boy howdy, there was. This guy was sitting at the bar relatively close to our booth and he had obviously had a few too many. He ended up making friends with everyone who had the (mis)fortune of sitting close to him and since he's a cabbie, he was recognizing people that were fares of his. The best was when he was telling this guy that he recognized his daughter as a fare he dropped off early in the morning (and who didn't want her dad to know she was being dropped off early in the morning as opposed to late at night). What a kook.

We were supposed to get our martinis for free (the bartender told us that the drinks were on her because she took forever to get them to us) but alas, they were on our bill. We just paid for them because the food was so tasty that we felt good paying for the supposedly free drinks.

Anyway, we absolutely loved the meal and would recommend going there if you're ever in Sarnia and have a special occasion to celebrate. It did cost us $100 after taxes, tips and drinks, but it was well worth it.

No comments: