Friday, September 30, 2005

St. Reznor, Patron Saint Of Carpentry

This ought to be interesting.

Our church uses a variety of multimedia presentations to enhance the sermon or illustrate a particular point that our minister is trying to convey. I'm not going to get into the argument about whether this is good or bad or anything. I have no problem with it because a) our church's goal is to be a church for people who don't go to church (in a nutshell) and b) I'm the multimedia team leader and this gives me a ministry where I can put a lot of the geekery I am adept at to work.

SOOOOO.... as I was saying, this ought to be interesting. We usually have movie clips or things from TV shows such as The Simpsons, Oprah or Malcolm In The Middle, to name a few. This week we're showing the video of Johnny Cash's remake of Nine Inch Nails' HURT.

It's a fantastic version of the song and I'm curious as to what the thrust of the message will be given such a downer of a song. I just never thought I'd see the day when Nine Inch Nails would be played in church!

No comments: