Wednesday, September 14, 2005

FSM!

I've been watching the Evolution, Schmevolution series of shows on The Daily Show this past week and it's been a very funny look at the debate between teaching evolution and creationism, er, Intelligent Design in US schools.

Little did I know that this whole debate has opened up a new school of thought. Yup. I'm talking about the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!

'But while the "theory" [of intelligent design] relies on the existence of a god, it does not specify which god. It was only when the state of Kansas announced earlier this year that its schools could teach ID in science classes that the Flying Spaghetti Monster made Himself widely known.

In an open letter to the Kansas Board of Education in July, Mr Henderson wrote: "I think we can all agree that it is important for students to hear multiple viewpoints so they can choose for themselves the theory that makes the most sense to them. I am concerned, however, that students will only hear one theory of Intelligent Design.

"I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster."
'

I think it's awesome, if for no other reason than the following:

"...According to the creed of Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, every Friday is a religious holiday, while true believers are urged to dress as pirates because of their founder's discovery of a causal relationship between global warming and a decline in the number of buccaneers in the past 200 years."

I dare anyone to prove otherwise!



---
What I'm Reading: Death Sentences, Minnow Trap
What I'm Playing: Radiata Stories, WoW
What I'm Watching: My ears bleed as I listen to Canadian Idol

No comments: