Thursday, September 15, 2005

Garrett gets a game

I was down in Milton at Microplay checking to see if anyone had any firm date for the release of We Love Katamari, as EB seems to keep shoving the date back every time I ask them (turns out it's coming out on the 20th, not the 6th as previously advertised!)

Anyway, while I was down there Garrett was walking around and started hitting things with these sticks he found on the ground. The Microplay guy said that they were from this game called Taiko Drum Master which I'd seen about a year ago when it came out but hadn't bothered to get because it was hellishly expensive.

Well, it turns out that they had it on sale! Far be it from me to deny my one and only son a game that he seems to enjoy, especially as it was previously going for upwards of $75 but was now a mere $35.

The cool thing is that it has this drum that comes with the game that hooks into the PS2. You can then hit the drum with these big sticks or just kick it (as Garrett was doing while lying on his back) and have a blast. I was actually able to get Garrett to hold one stick and hit the drum while I hit it with another one and he seemed to really like it.

Finally, a videogame that a toddler can play :)

I just think it's cool. And it's made by the Katamari guys so it's not only wacky, it also has the Katamari theme song as one of the songs you can play along to.



Here is a shot of the drums (you can see the game in the background)

No comments: