Saturday, September 17, 2005

Mmm... Shiny...

I don't usually put up Torrent site links but go here and grab a copy of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. I used this particular link and the video quality was great.

As the kids say, "OMGWTFBBQ!!?!"

I can't tear my eyes away from this movie! What boggles my mind is that Squeeeeenix isn't releasing THIS Final Fantasy movie in theatres. They'd make a killing! I don't even understand what 98% of the dialogue is and I can't stop watching it.

Anyway, if you can, grab the fansub and check it out. The Bahamut sequence alone is awesome. I can't wait for October when the DVD reaches our shores...

On a sidenote, I usually tend to put Final Fantasy VII down as the weakest of the last batch of modern Final Fantasies. True RPG fans know that FFIV, VI, VIII, XI and X are better than piddly ol' overratted VII...

That said, the fact that I can recall, on sight, the names and backstories of all of the major characters in FF:AC despite my not having seriously played the game in over 5 years has yet again reminded me that it does have a pretty strong world and a memorable story. I just wish I could stay on my high horse some more and look down my nose at the whippersnappers who think VII is the best Final Fantasy game ever.

---
What I'm Reading: Death Sentences
What I'm Playing: Burnout: Revenge, Pandora's Box, Radiata Stories
What I'm Watching: Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children


No comments: