Friday, September 30, 2005

Corunna Bike Thief Manhunt

Ah, I finally am updating my blog again. Don't ask why I've been so silent. I just haven't had the 'oomph' to type lately, although I have still been writing my daily events out like a blog entry in my brain. They just haven't translated to the screen like I'd hoped.

Anyway, let the storytelling begin!

Last weekend the fambly all bundled into the car and off we went to Sarnia to visit the folks. Hilarity ensued and it was a fun time... UNTIL SATURDAY!

Garrett & I were headed into Sarnia from Corunna to feast upon the delicious delectations available at Boston Pizza. We were two cars behind Julie's parents and stopped at a stop sign just around the corner from their house.

Suddenly *CRASH*

A pickup truck decided to try to turn left from the far right lane on a four-lane road... It would have worked too, if it weren't for that pesky Neon that was right beside him in the left lane at the time.

By this time the in-laws were way down the road and Garrett & I were in the lovely position of having to do our civic duty as accident witnesses.

Thankfully nobody was hurt and the damage was minimal. The idiot driving the truck turned out to be some teenage kid with a bunch of buddies but they seemed to be scared more than tough, so it was a pretty tame accident scene. Eventually the cops showed up and I gave my statement.

Here are a few funny bits. First off, there was a truck in front of me at the stop sign which had a better view of the accident. After the accident the guy went out and told the driver of the car that he would stick around and be a witness when the cops showed up.

Two minutes later the guy gets back in his truck and drives off, never to be seen again. Hence my promotion to primary witness :P

While I was in the cop car, I had to wait for the officer to call his girlfriend and coordinate a drop-off point for his lunch. Both officers at the Corunna detachment were out at our accident scene and he need his lunch, stat! I also overheard that some kid was going around punching little kids and stealing their bikes. Supposedly this had been going on for a couple of days.

Talk about drama!

So we were fine, our cars were fine and nobody was hurt. I did get a bigger pizza as a reward for performing my civic duty though!

No comments: