Tuesday, December 28, 2004

PS2 go boom...

Unfortunately, my PS2 is heading for an early grave (well, not THAT early, given that it's over 4 years old and just started acting up lately). Suffice it to say, I'm treating it almost like an NES. I was blowing into it for about a half hour this morning, trying to get the game that worked fine on it yesterday to work, but to no avail.

I'm going to be trading in my old PS2 at EB (along with a couple of games) so that I can get a nice slim one that works. Thankfully I'll get about $91 for my old PS2 in credit. Grant brought back a huge bag of games too, so I have some games that are prime candidates for trade-in credit... I also got another gift card today so my amount of trade-ins doesn't have to be terribly high (phew!).

I'm kind of annoyed and even sad that my lovely launch-day PS2 is going to be gone, but given the fact that it HAS survived over 4 years of constant use, while most people seemed to have a hard time getting 6 months of play out of their PS2's, it's not as bad as it could be. The fact that I'll be getting a nice, skinny PS2 that has a very good DVD player in it as well as all of the extra tweaks to the system is an added bonus!

No comments: