Thursday, December 30, 2004

Bad Timing On My Part...

Ok. Today was not the best time to trade in my PS2. I did trade it in, but of course, EVERYWHERE within a 2 hour drive is sold out of the new, skinny PS2s.

And I mean everywhere. I called most of the stores in Brampton, Mississauga, Kitchener, Cambridge and Guelph and all of them are sold out. Hopefully they'll be getting shipments in tomorrow or Monday at the latest, but in the meantime I'm PS2-less. Ah well. I just wanted to get a unit that wasn't being cantankerous and plug in my Eyetoy and dance around. Sigh.

I got grilled by the guy at the EB in Guelph as well. He said they're getting a lot of PS2s that are broken. I told him that mine was working. Technically it is. It's just getting fussy. GTA works perfectly fine on it. The Eyetoy games don't. And some of the other games work, but not necessarily the first time.

I figure they can send it to get refurbished if need be rather than me try to get it working. I do have about $170 in store credit now, so I just need to wait for a shipment to come in and then I can get my new PS2. Woo!

If only I had an Xbox and/or Gamecube or other game system to play in the meantime... :)

No comments: