Wednesday, April 01, 2009

And To Top It All Off...

So let's see. I was feeling under the weather again today. Kara was essentially a fountain of vomit. I got to experience the soothing surroundings of the Georgetown ER waiting room for the secong time in a week AND I guess Garrett was also rather puketastic this evening.

And to top off all of this fun, my desktop PC is borked. I decided (for no real apparent reason) to do a Windows update today after many, many months of NOT doing a Windows update.

After all was said and done, I restarted the system and now, whenever I try to load up my profile (or Julie's), the computer basically tries to load things up (I can even delete a file or two or try to load up MSConfig) before it resets the resolution to 640x480 and then reboots the whole shooting match.

So on top of all this other stuff, I've been trying to do some mental troubleshooting in my head while killing the last 5 hours in the ER. Sigh. If the fixes I think I need to do will work, I should be ok. That said, I have been thinking of upgrading and I can always just slave the drive to the new machine...

At least the lappy will get some use for the next little bit until the desktop gets fixed.

No comments: