Monday, October 25, 2004

Weekend o' Fun

Well, I just finished my first shift at work since my longish weekend off. I took Thursday off and since this was my usual weekend off anyway, that turned one day of vacation into 4 days of fun!

Let's see. I spent most of Thursday (while Julie was off visiting Kate & Connor with Garrett) playing my way through the last chunks of Shadow Hearts, as alluded to in my previous post. Then we had our small group meeting in the evening where I made friends with a former Catholic guy who also happened to have worked in social services and likes playing Burnout 3: Takedown.

Friday... Friday I spent doing pretty much the same thing as Thursday, only this time I didn't have to leave the house all day. Yup. Pretty sad when you think about it, but it was rainy and yucky out and I stayed out of trouble.

Saturday was my yard work day, which saw me mysteriously covered in brownish black gook that oozed out of my leaf-raking rake. I have no idea what it was and I don't want to know, but it's still under at least one of my fingernails...

In the evening on Saturday we took Garrett over to Julie's cousin's (and aunt & uncle's) place in Kitchener/Waterloo, aka the 7th Circle of Hell, and left him there while we went out for our first baby-free 'date' since Garrett was born.

We went to Mongolian Grille, mainly because we liked it the time we went before and it's all you can eat. Unfortunately for us, we didn't know it was also GRAD NIGHT and we were at the Mongolian Grille next to the University of Waterloo... Sigh. It was about 30 minutes per bowl and I ended up with 3 bowls of deliciousness. Unfortunately Julie & I ended up sort of staggering our trips to the grille so that meant that while we had 1 1/2 hours to ourselves, we only actually saw each other for about 10 minutes of that :P

I also got my flu shot on Saturday night, which is why I'm all achey today, though it's not as bad now as it was this morning.

Sunday... Sunday was the usual church routine followed by Dave, Kate & Connor coming over for dinner and laundry. Dave also spent about 2 hours doing the Crash mode on Burnout 3, which is not a bad way to spend an afternoon.

I also finished Jim Butcher's new fantasy novel, "The Furies Of Calderon", over the weekend. I'll probably touch on in another post as I've got some stuff to say about it, but only 5 minutes till The Daily Show starts...

Aside from that, not much. We took Garrett to get weighed, measured and subjected to various forms of, what was to him, some kind of needle torture. He's now 27" long, 16lbs 5ozs and capable of lifting 3 times his body mass.

And I'm really liking Paper Mario 2. Crazy fun with a hint of joy, all on one mini-DVD.

No comments: