Saturday, October 30, 2004

Food on the brain

I went to that crazy Dim Sum/Sushi Bar/Chinese Buffet today with Doug Mitchell, Esquire. It was great. We demolished the dim sum section of the restaurant and barely gave the crappy Canadian Chinese 'food' a second glance, though I do have to admit that they have great wonton soup.

The best thing about the dim sum is that unlike chicken balls and fried rice, you're not hungry again in an hour. I haven't really eaten anything since 2:30pm and I'm STILL full. Ahhh...

The other food encounter I had this week was yesterday at Tim Hortons. I was going into work first thing in the morning as I had to teach the driving class for the day. I stopped off at Tim's in Acton and decided to go inside and order my morning brew as the drive-through was insane.

So there I was, ording my Extra Large Triple-Triple when a voice next to me says, 'You know that isn't good for you, Brock.'

At first I thought I'd gone insane and was hearing my mom lecture me, but nope. Right beside me at the counter was none other than my Uncle Gord from Guelph! Turns out he and my Aunt Kim were on their way to work (they teach at the high school in Georgetown) and through sheer coincidence he was ordering a coffee at the same time as me.

Go figure, eh? Small world.

Anyway, I'm off. I have a whole extra hour to watch the last half of Man On Fire (which is amazing and is absolutely NOTHING like the mediocrity the trailers made it out to be) before playing a bit of GTA:San Andreas (about which I'm going to post a goodly post... soon). I love it when Daylight Savings Time ends!

No comments: