Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Horsies!

Well, I just realized that I don't really have much to say at the moment. I think I used my weekly wordcount up in that dissertation about the videogame rating system a few days back. Oh well.

I also haven't seen any movies worth recommending, aside from Touching the Void and Hidalgo..

Oh! I never did recommend Hidalgo. I highly do. I really thought the way that they portrayed the various cultures in the film was well done. Actually, come to think of it, Hidalgo is like the second half of Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow. Not so much that it has anything to do with Sky Captain, but moreso that it represents the other kind of movie made back in the 30's and such. Sky Captain is the more outrageous action serial kind, a la Buck Rogers. Hidalgo is more like your cowboys & Indians type of movie serial, albeit one that has a very introspective character.

It was also similar to The Last Samurai, although nowhere near as elegant.

Hmm... I guess I did have something to say!

No comments: