Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I don't know what was happening today on the roads, but I think everyone took their stupid pills simultaneously.

Not only were people driving erratically all around the greater Mississauga/Brampton/Halton Hills area, but the pedestrians were acting dumb too! Not once, but twice I was at an intersection when the light turned green for me and THEN the pedestrians crossing against the light decided to start.

I was so ready to kill this one old couple. The light turns green for me. They start walking across. Everyone at the front of the line lurches forward and then slams on the brakes when they realize this couple isn't stopping and is going to keep on walking across the road. Then they have the nerve to give the drivers a dirty look.

And it was just a really long day. I couldn't fall asleep till around 2am and was woken up by Julie at 6:30ish. I then had to drive into Mississauga and sit around the dealership while my car was rebuilt. I found out I had to get new brakes too so the total cost of my oil change (usually $70) ended up running $778... but my car purrs and is in very good shape for the winter, so it's not THAT bad.

I was there from 8-11:30am, then after that we had the staff Christmas party at Tuckers Marketplace, so that was yummy. Mmm... unlimited steaks.

Then I had to drive back to work, which took almost an hour and a half due to the aforementioned crazy traffic.

I was about ready to sleep at 8:30 tonight... zzzz...

But like I said before, I'm off till Monday so I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and stay as far away from cars and roads as possible.

No comments: