Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Ok. Here's the skinny on why I yelled at Bell today.

We signed a contract with them a while ago for a reduced rate on Sympatico. Then some guy called up and signed us up for High Speed Ultra. I was told we'd still be able to go back to the contract afterwards. Then we call them to find out why we're being charged so much and it turns out that signing up for High Speed Ultra breaks your contract.

Would have been nice if the guy who signed me up had been clear about that little detail.

It is annoying because I can't even really threaten to go anywhere else. I like their service, I just hate their customer service/billing stuff. The people are nice, but the ones they have signing you up for new contracts leave out crucial little contract-breaking details. Sigh.

The nice thing is that they're getting rid of their bandwidth cap so I can download as much as I want :) Take that, oh keeper of the DSL!

No comments: