Friday, July 18, 2003

I picked up Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic yesterday. Traded in a bunch of games and since I'm an EB Games club member I got an extra 10% on every trade-in... nothing like getting a game and not having to pay any cash for it.

I tried it out for a bit last night and it is fantastic. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in Star Wars or RPG's and I'm very impressed on how they were able to make it work for the Xbox. Bioware does some great RPG's, but the Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Nights games never seemed like they'd be transferable to a console.

Now, KOTR is tweaked to use the gamepad interface and if you want the mouse/keyboard style, just wait for the PC version in the fall, but I have no quibbles at all with the Xbox version.

Except that I might finally end up getting Xbox Live to get all the free update goodies for it :P

No comments: