Thursday, July 24, 2003

I saw this on the news tonight and got a chuckle, but also shook my head.

The Star Wars Kid (remember him?) is suing for psychological damage and the fact that he had to change schools because people made fun of him.

Cry me a river kiddo. Sure, now people around the world can laugh at you as you do what most of us geeks have done at some point... I wish I could get $25K every time someone makes fun of me!

I'm sure I'd be a millionaire by now :)

Sigh. This is why people need to be able to laugh at yourself and grow a backbone. And you don't have to wait till you're in your 20's to do this. Not only that, this guy should be proud that he's now an internet icon.

If you check out the various remixes of the video, they look rather spiffy. AND there is a petition to get the guy a role in Episode 3. Now if that happened, do you think that the kid would thank the people who put the video on the net and got him the role? I doubt it.

No comments: