Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Oh, I finished reading Altered Carbon on Sunday. Very good book, though the ending starts to get a little incoherent, though that could have just been the lack of sleep and overabundance of exercise making my brain no worky.

I'm just starting Tad Williams' War of the Flowers. I love Tad's stuff. Memory, Sorrow and Thorn is probably my favourite fantasy trilogy and I really should read it again. War of the Flowers is starting off pretty neat and I can't wait to see where it goes. The best thing is that the whole story is in JUST ONE BOOK!

Trust me. After reading the entire Otherland series one book after the other (about 1000 or so pages per book), having a Tad Williams saga in one book is VERY nice.

And the fact that I'm enjoying War of the Flowers so much this early on is not a common occurence for me. I tend to really dislike 'modern fantasy' where you have a person from our Earth go to a magical realm. Maybe I was spoiled by Narnia as a child and just can't get over that. But I am liking this book a bunch.

No comments: