Monday, March 04, 2002

Well, I've finally found a game to get into.

Front Mission 3 for the PSX. It's a great game, and it brings the beauty of turn-based strategy alongside the sheer joy of great big robots blowing each other up. And for a PS1 game it looks quite nice, especially when you turn on the enhancements on the PS2.

I've heard it takes about 90 hours to beat FM3. And that's just for one of the two storylines. Granted, the thing has an entire virtual internet, complete with passwords that need cracking and e-mail that you can read and respond to, so between that, the long missions and the endless tweaking and customizing of my mechs, I'll be working on the game for a bit.

Oh, and did I mention it's a Squaresoft title? So the story is great by default, even though it's more tangled than a parasitic tapeworm.

No comments: