Wednesday, March 13, 2002

I mentioned a couple days ago that I wasn't terribly impressed with the Final Fantasy: Unlimited anime series.

I've been watching more of it over the last day or two and it is getting better. From episode 4 onwards the story really tightens up, the animation has improved and the characters are getting more interesting and less annoying. It's still nowhere near the quality of something like, say, Trigun or Cowboy Bebop, but it's now worth watching rather than just suffering through.

I do wonder if anyone would watch it had it been released without the Final Fantasy name on it. Granted, it has some neat ideas and since the story has matured and set down roots, I'm getting hooked on it. However, it seems too much like a Digimon reject for my critical tastes. But so long as the story holds up, I would be interested to see how it turns out.

No comments: