Sunday, January 03, 2010

One New Year's Resolution I Can Keep!

I was thinking about my resolutions for 2010 a day or two ago for some odd reason and the more I thought about it, the more I realized that one of the biggest drains on my wallet over the past year or so isn't videogames, movies or shiny knick-nacks. Nope, I think that the recipient of most of my hard-earned cash was Tim Hortons.

I have a Tim's card that automatically refills itself to $20 when it drops below $5 and I could do this at least once a week if I wasn't careful. In order to shut off the flow of money directly into Timmies, I have resolved to make coffee at home (or at work) whenever possible and only buy coffee out if I am on the road away from town.

My usual excuse not to make coffee at home is that I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and I don't like drinking (or wasting) an entire pot, hence my runs to Timmies. Well, no more! To aid me in this venture, I picked up a new coffee maker today. It can make one or two travel mugs worth of coffee or an entire pot. Woo! And it was only $60!

No comments: