Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good Timing, Puke Fairy!

Well, in case you haven't followed my Twitter feed (I don't blame you), I was striken yesterday with whatever Julie and the kids had last week. I felt fine until about midday when I went out for lunch with one of the guys from work. After eating my delicious ravioli at Boston Pizza, I started to feel off, but chalked it up to the sauce. Sadly, it didn't go away and I spent the last 6 hours of my shift feeling like I was being stabbed in the guy with a sword.

I was able to hold it together until about 8pm last night when my body decided that it needed to reenact the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. Thankfully that was the only bout that I had to suffer, though my dinner of saltine crackers and water probably helped calm the roiling seas.

I did watch all of Season 2 of the I.T. Crowd last night, which isn't good to do when your stomach is killing you. I couldn't stop laughing and it hurt so much...

Anyway, I'm home today. I'm exhausted and have a nasty headache, but otherwise feeling pretty good. I'm going to try to eat something now. We'll see how that goes. Then I'll probably spend the afternoon watching History Channel documentaries or something equally fun.

At least I managed to get sick BEFORE Julie's birthday this year.

No comments: