Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sayonara, Getgames.ca!

I cancelled my subscription to my online game rental guys. I checked to see what else they sent me since I hadn't recieved anything from them besides Black a few weeks ago. They hadn't sent me anything else. I'm paying for 2 games at a time and it has been at least 2 weeks that I've only had one.

This was the final straw with these clowns. I have been with them for about 4-5 years since they first started the service and the service has gone from incredibly prompt to completely absent over the past year or so. I used to get e-mails back within minutes from the president himself. Now I get nothing at all except a monthly charge on my credit card.

Well, enough's enough. I canceled my subscription this morning. They claim I have 4-5 games out, despite the fact that I'd already dealt with them about the games that went missing on the way back to them, either through Canada Post's errors or their own. I'm not paying for them, that's for sure, and so help me if they attempt to charge my credit card for the missing games.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and if there are any further charges from them, I'm dropping the Better Business Bureau on them. I wonder if I can call Visa and get them to make sure that no further charges go out to these guys.

The sad thing is that I would have been happy to stick with the service if they had just replied to even one of the many e-mails I've sent them over the past year or so since the management changed. The utter lack of communication is what sealed the deal.

I'm interested in trying out Gameaccess.ca at some point in the future. I've heard decent things about them and they have a system where you can buy the games you rent for a much reduced price, which is something I've wished that Getgames would have implemented. Sigh.

No comments: