Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Hate Automation

Grr...

You know how Tim Horton's has those Quickpay cards? I have had one for the year and love it to death, though I spend far too much on coffee and tea biscuits with it.

Anyway, when I was at the Acton Timmies yesterday, they swiped my Tim's Card and it snapped in half. No real biggie. They just transferred the balance over to a new card and that was that.

I had my Tim's Card set up to automatically reload when the balance drops below $5. It tops the card up to $20. Now, when my card snapped, it had $2 or so left on it, so it was slated for refill. Since it hadn't refilled at the time of snappage and we could still see it sitting there with $2 on it on the website, I just deactivated the card yesterday morning with the intention of setting up my new card with the reload.

Here's where the GRR comes in. Mid-afternoon, we get an e-mail saying that the OLD card has been refilled. Of course, we don't have the old card information (well, we do, but the last 4 digits are X'ed out on all of the documentation we have) and when I called the Tim Horton's Help Desk to see if they could just look in their records and transfer the money, they were less than helpful. Now I have to go back to the local Tim's, have them dig through their records from yesterday and hopefully not be out $15 or so. So help me if they tell me to call the help desk...

No comments: