Friday, December 05, 2008

He's Got A Point

Let me just point you in the direction of Andrew Coyne's essay about how things have played out with Parliament prorogued until January. I don't always agree with everything he says, but I think this sums up the current situation nicely. Oh, and I called it.

But don’t take my word for it. Two polls out today show that the coalition has backfired on its two main participants — hugely. Ekos has the Tories ahead by twenty points, 44-24, while Ipsos Reid puts the margin at an astounding 46-23. This is after the Tories had supposedly disgraced themselves by the “provocation” of cutting the political parties off the public teat, and by failing to provide adequate “stimulus.”

Ipsos numbers show, further, that 60% of the public opposes the coalition, 62% are “angry” with it for trying to take power, while 68% support the Governor General’s decision. The Grits can read the numbers as well as I can. There is no way they will return to this well.

No comments: