Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Bachelor Daze

Julie gave me the nicest Christmas present ever... an empty house for a few days. I'm stuck working Christmas and Boxing Day, so she took the kids to Corunna on Monday and I've been left to my own devices ever since. Today was the first real 'home alone' day though, as I slept through most of yesterday and then spent the rest of the afternoon/evening driving around, doing grocery shopping with some friends and having all-you-can-eat Japanese food at that Fuji place in Guelph (which was amazing... thanks for the recommendation, Jenn & Doug!)

Unfortunately, I was also driving all over the countryside in the blizzard that smacked into town late last night and it wasn't enjoyable. I think I might be cured of my yearly apprehension of driving in the snow though. I'll just take it slow and somehow I'll make it through.

I was also able to show off our nearly completed basement to my friends who raved about it. It was nice to have someone come in and see the place who hasn't seen it in progress. I think this basement might be a good move :) It looks like we'll have a completed basement ready for us when we come home from the holidays next week. Woo!

No comments: