Friday, December 14, 2007

WWRD? (What Would Rincewind Do?)

Arg! It seems as though my favouritest author in the whole wide world, Mr. Terry Pratchett, has early onset Alzheimer's. ARG!

Granted, it's not like he's suffered from a lack of books. Discworld is now, what, 30 some-odd titles long and he has a slew of other books to boot.

Gotta love his spunk though.

"Frankly, I would prefer it if people kept things cheerful," he continued, saying it was "too soon to tell" if the condition was immediately life-threatening.

"I will, of course, be dead at some future point, as will everybody else. For me, this maybe further off than you think.

"I know it's a very human thing to say 'Is there anything I can do?' but in this case I would only entertain offers from very high-end experts in brain chemistry."

No comments: