Saturday, December 08, 2007

I Heart Value Village

I went out to Value Village in Guelph with one of the guys from work the other day to get some winter clothes. It's been a while since I was there and I ended up with a couple good finds.

1) A pair of Reebok sneakers (black) for $7. I had almost bought a pair of sneakers a couple days before at SportChek for some obscene amount of money but thankfully resisted the urge to have a nice pair of Reeboks. I go to Value Village and find a pair of sneakers that are pretty much the epitome of what I concider a perfect shoe. I loved the old Reebok Hexalite shoes but they haven't made them in ages. I don't think that the shoes that I found were Hexalites but they're pretty close.

2) The coolest toy ever:



Now, it's missing most of the extra pieces but it's still awesome. Garrett is having a blast playing with it and I just like opening and closing it.

The scary thing is that I only paid $4 for it and after looking up some specs on the toy, I'm finding that several collector sites are selling it for anywhere between $88-175 US. EEP!

No comments: