Saturday, December 08, 2007

I'll Take Your Season's Greetings And Shove Them Up Your Happy Holidays

Talk about synchronicity. I'm not a huge fan of almost anything to do with Focus On The Family or Mr. James Dobson, but this video came to my attention today just before I was about to make a big post about Happy Holidays/Season's Greetings driving me nuts. This guy says it much better than I could.

The whole 'Holiday/Seasons Greetings' thing has really gotten under my skin this year, if only because it seems that NOBODY says Christmas this year, at least on the radio or TV. The thing that gets me is that many of the people I know that celebrate Christmas do it for the secular side of the holiday (getting gifts, having family over for a big meal), not because of the fact it's Jesus' birthday. Sigh.

I won't tell you how hard it was to get a photo Christmas card that actually said Merry Christmas...

No comments: