Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Seafood Cake: Live

Anyone remember that great old PS1 game, Parrappa The Rappa?

This guy has done a live version of the Cheap Cheap Cooking Song with a back-up band and everything. It's actually quite cool. Unfortunately, I'm going to have that song stuck in my brain for a week now.

Speaking of games, I finally finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. It's a fantastic little game for the DS. I'm not sure what genre you'd put it under. It's a lawyer simulation but it is one of the most delightful little games I've played in some time. Given that it was originally written in Japanese, I have to give some huge kudos to the localization team. The game is almost entirely text based but it has some of the best writing in a game that I have ever seen. The wordplay and crazy verbal gymnastics are great for a linguiphile like me.

Granted, Phoenix Wright is to the legal system what Guitar Hero is to playing in a rock band. But it's a lot of fun.

Oh, I watched The Aristocrats last night. My lord, what a foul movie. It's funny, but unless you have a high tolerance for some of the most depraved things to ever come out of a comedian's mouth, stay FAR, FAR away. As a study of language and shock value, it's amazing.

---
What I'm Reading: A bunch of graphic novels, The Complete History Of The Avengers, The Traveller
What I'm Playing: Dragon Quest 8, Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time
What I'm Watching: The Aristocrats, Transporter 2

No comments: