Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Stupid Kids

I swear I'm never going to sit outside and read a book. Ever.

I was out on my front stoop about half an hour ago, reading Harry Potter when the girl next door popped her head out of the door.

"Oh, you're reading The Half-Blood Prince."

"Yup."

"My mom's reading that book. She's almost done."

"Yeah. I need to get reading it. I haven't had a chance to..."

"My mom said that [BLANK CHARACTER] dies in it!"

"What the...! I HAVEN'T READ THAT FAR YET! GET AWAY FROM ME YOU LITTLE TROLL!!!"

I didn't really say that. But I did make it very clear that I wasn't impressed.

Now it's not that I didn't know that anyone died in this book. Heck, that's the one thing I DID know going into it. I had read various rumours and theories as to who would die and why. I had a short list in my head and I was looking forward to the point at which I'd know if I was right or not.

But nooo... stupid kids...

Granted, I'm not that far yet so there's a very, very remote chance that she's wrong. Not that I'd be surprised like I was with the death in Order of the Phoenix. I just would have liked to have gotten that far without it being spoiled.

At least I don't know exactly who The Half-Blood Prince is. I have some more theories there, but my suspicion that it was Neville Longbottom is seeming really stupid now. No special prize for me from the bookstore (they were having a draw to see if people could guess who the HBP is).

No comments: