Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Shuriken Are Your Friends

Speaking of flailing about, I got the new Ninja Gaiden game for the Xbox yesterday and man, is it ever hard.

Granted, I didn't get to start playing it until after 11pm and I had been up since 7am and gone skiing and worked a 9 hour shift. So maybe my reflexes weren't quite up to snuff.

But still. MAN! Is it ever hard! The reviews aren't lying. I'm getting my butt kicked by Joe Average Ninja as it is. I'm scared to go up against the dreaded level 2 enemies. Eeek!

As Tycho over at Penny Arcade put it, "It's also completely great - once you've gone a few levels, just start a new game real quick and take a look at the guys you thought were bad-asses before. Those guys are feather pillows compared to the beasts and murderers you rub up against later."

I did fight the first boss and managed not to die immediately, if that's any consolation. I did die after about 30 seconds, but I think that's a good starting point.

It is an excellent game. It's made by the guys who did the DOA games and the boss fight was like a Soul Calibur match, which was pretty neat. But like I said, it's crazy hard!

No comments: