Saturday, March 20, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me!

Well, yesterday was my 28th birthday. I had a good time, even though I was so tired and busy in the morning that I forgot it was my birthday till around 11am!

I had a little birthday cake at camp for the lunch send-off. Afterwards I had a pint of Guinness when I got home from the camp. Then we got to go see Mason Tyr Wager, the previously shown nephew o' mine. Then my buddy Noel came over at 4am on Saturday (today) to visit and we had a great time playing Mario Kart: DD for most of the morning. Unfortunately Yvette couldn't come and join in the fun, but we made due without her :P

He also took me to the most evil store since the invention of Electronics Boutique. I am trying not to remember the name of it, but I know where it is now and that's just as bad. It's down in Milton and is a great place to get all sorts of cool figurines. There was this amazing 6 foot tall Jack Skellington in a Santa outfit that I wish I could afford ($250ish) but I decided that I'd let myself get one thing.

So I got a Nekosama bobblehead from Trigun. It was only $19 after taxes, so that was a pretty good deal.



Then after Noel left we went over to the grocery store and hit the videostore while we were there. This place has the most ridiculous prices on used games. I'm talking used games that cost more than new ones at EB. However they did have a great deal on movies. Buy 2, get 2 free. Sure, the movies are a little more expensive than most places ($17.99ish) but I was able to get 4 DVD's for $40, so it worked out in the long run. I picked up Adaptation, Final Destination 2, Bend It Like Beckham and Open Range.

And that was the end of my birthday shopping spree and my dip into my bonus pay. Now I just have to stare at my Nekosama whenever I feel the need to spend money and it will shake its head.

No comments: