Tuesday, November 25, 2003

The UPS guy actually showed up at my place at sometime before 4:30pm and delivered Final Fantasy X-2! It's sooooo good!

I've got a couple more packages arriving on Wednesday from Futureshop and that'll be that for the year. Sigh.

I like the fact that Futureshop ships stuff fast (relative to Amazon.ca's game section) but it's a little ridiculous to a) have to wait forever for UPS to show up as opposed to the nice and early Canada Post people and b) they are a little overzealous in their packaging.

When Amazon.ca ships something the size of a DVD, it comes in a cardboard envelope slightly larger than a DVD. They scale their packaging to fit the object being shipped.

Futureshop, however, seems to have either a surplus of packing peanuts or no small boxes. I got FFX-2 today in a box roughly 8"x10"x4" filled to the brim with packing peanuts. It's crazy! I'm scared to see how big the box to game ratio will be for my Mario & Luigi GBA game that's arriving tomorrow. Eep.

No comments: