Tuesday, November 18, 2003

I'm really starting to hate Global. Why? Because for the last two weeks they've decided to start the really annoying practice of cutting into the last 5 minutes of 24 with commercials. They start up the clock, run the last segment of that week's show and then about 2-3 minutes in, all of the sudden go to commercials.

Then you have to watch all of the commercials you just sat through 2 minutes prior to this and then they pop back to 24 in the middle of the action, often missing one or two seconds (which in a show like 24 is crucial).

I wouldn't mind it so much except that it's so sloppy which makes it annoying as hell. I'd rather they just keep doing what they did for the first episode of the season where they show all the commercials at the beginning and then just run for 50 minutes with no interruptions.

I've just noticed this on 24, but I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they start interrupting other shows this way.

No comments: