Thursday, November 06, 2003

I just got back home from The Matrix: Revolutions.

I loved it. Hugo Weaving r0x0rs. Keanu may or may not say, "Woah."

Granted, when it was over a) I was sad the trilogy was over, per se and b) I did have some things that niggled at me. However, when all is said and done, it is a great movie and really it and Reloaded are one big movie (duh).

While Reloaded can stand on its own, Revolutions can't. Maybe that's what bugged me about it.

Also, when I first walked out I thought that the biggest problem was that it didn't really have a set piece like the lobby scene in The Matrix or the car chase from Reloaded, but then when I thought about it a wee bit later, I realized there are a bunch of set pieces in Revolutions just as great as those ones, it's just that they're hidden a little more.

And not to spoil anything, but this one doesn't spend a lot of time in the actual Matrix. It's mostly a very futuristic war movie more than anything. But man, what a war!

I won't say anything else here until everyone's had time to go see it. Despite the things I said above, I still loved it and would love to see Reloaded and Revolutions back to back. Mmmm... I also highly recommend that you go watch Reloaded and The Animatrix again, and it couldn't hurt to play through Enter The Matrix just to get every last little detail that will be mentioned in Revolutions.

[sarcasm]Oh, and can YOU spot the religious symbolism in Revolutions? [/sarcasm]

Go see the movie and then I can talk to people about it. That's the worst thing about going to a movie alone. Nobody to compare things with afterwards.

No comments: