Sunday, May 24, 2009

What A Miserable Day

No, it's nothing to do with the last post. I've just been sick as a dog all day today. I was actually feeling pretty good yesterday for almost the whole day, nothing like the shuddering wreck that I was on Friday.

Then I made the mistake of saying, "Boy, I feel a lot better than I did yesterday."

I swear, not 10 minutes after I said that, my legs got sore, I started coughing and my sinuses got clogged. I'd hoped that getting a good night's sleep would help but I woke up feeling even worse than last night. It didn't help the kids were in our room shortly after 6am. I don't think I've ever been as surly and cranky as I was this morning though.

And as a side note, don't take a Benedryl if you're not 100% sure you've got allergies. I think a lot of my utter fatigue today was as a result of taking one of those deadly pink pills this morning. I spent most of the afternoon just listening to podcasts on my iPod and shivering under a blanket until about 5pm when my appetite came back (with a vengeance) and I got this sudden burst of energy, which I think is when the Benedryl wore off.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit better and I'm going to go try to help with the kids, as they both seem to have taken 'bad kid' pills this weekend and are driving us nuts.

No comments: