Tuesday, March 04, 2008

We've Got Gas

When we got home from the timeshare this afternoon, we noticed a guy walking from house to house doing the Direct Energy thing. Thankfully he didn't bug us as we were busy unloading the car and hauling the kids in and we figured that was that.

So about 2-3 minutes ago, the doorbell rings. Who is it?

A DIFFERENT guy from Direct Energy. At 8:45pm.

I didn't even give him a chance to do his spiel. I just said that we'd already seen a guy in the parking lot and told him we were ok.

"Oh, that was John. He didn't cross you off the list."

"That's ok. We're already on a plan."

"Oh... Who with?"

"I don't know. I just know we're on a plan."

"What's your rate?"

"I. DON'T. KNOW. We're ok though. Thanks."

"But I have been helping out your neighbours and..."

"We're on a plan. We're ok. Thanks."

He just sort of gave me this funny look and his eye got kind of twitchy. I thought he was going to try to punch me or stab me with his pen or something, but he finally seemed to get the hint and say, "Ok then," and walk away into the inky blackness...

Sigh.

I felt bad for the guy this afternoon as most of the people were at work. This guy tonight though...

No comments: