Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GIANT BUNNIES FROM MARS!

I took the kids down to Georgetown Mall to see Max & Ruby. I didn't expect it to be quite as insane, crowd-wise, and should have probably aimed to arrive earlier than 10 minutes before those big creepy bunnies took the stage.



As it was, I ended up putting Garrett up on my shoulders and held Kara in my arms while trying to take pictures with the camera from behind a wall of adults who didn't seem to understand that it was a show for LITTLE KIDS. I was telling some of the other parents (who were telling their kids that they'd have to just listen to the music) to just send the kids up to the front and elbow the adults out of the way. Thankfully one mom did just that and her brood opened up an area that had enough room for Garrett to watch the show. I saw this grandmother sitting right at the edge of the stage area with a shopping cart taking up spots that could have fit about 5 kids, easy, just so her granddaughter could sit in the little seat at the top. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the fact that the shopping cart was there until after the show when people were clearing out. Sigh.



It was a fun little show and Kara loved it. Garrett seemed to like it but he kept complaining about the fact that Max and Ruby didn't talk to him.

One thing I did learn was that there is no way I'm going back to the mall for the other events that are going on this week. There's a science show and display tomorrow that I'd love to go to but it was just too chaotic. I'll just take the kids down to Mountsberg for the annual trip to the sugar bush. Mmm... Maple syrup!

No comments: