Thursday, October 25, 2007

Telemarketers Are Invading My House

Is it just me, or has there been a marked increase in the amount of pestering being done by telemarketers of late? I'm used to the occasional call here and there but it seems as though we can barely get through a day without getting at least 5-6 telemarketing calls. I don't have caller ID... yet... but I'm getting pretty darn close to getting it.

As for them invading my house, I had a knock at the door this evening and I thought it might be some kid selling chocolate bars or something. Nope. Some guy trying to get me to 'donate' $20 to the spinal cord research foundation or somesuch charity and in return I will get a bunch of coupons to places in Georgetown that I don't ever go to.

I listened to his spiel and politely turned him down by mentioning a) that I don't patronize any of those establishments and b) don't have $20.

Instead of taking a hint, growing a clue or whatever he should have done, he then said, "That's ok. Just go get a cheque, make it out to such and such a foundation, post-date it and you'll be set."

I just gave him my most "You've-got-to-be-kidding" look and then rather emphatically told him,

"I

AM

NOT

INTERESTED.
"

And then I started to close the door on him. You'd think I had killed his puppy with the look he gave me, but bugger him. Invade my free time, will you!

Stupid telemarketers...

No comments: