Friday, July 30, 2004

The Village

Tony & I went out to see The Village today. Tony's not a big horror movie fan and while I tried to get Julie to come, she only likes cheesy horror movies that are funny, not ones that are truly scary.

I have to say that The Village was a lot different than I expected. It was very good, and there were probably 3-4 twists to the plot throughout that I didn't expect, as opposed to Shamyalan's usual 1 big twist, but they were all unexpected and made perfect sense when you think back on the movie afterwards.

It wasn't as scary as I expected it to be, although there were a few startles. I'd probably characterize it as a character drama with a creepy monster subplot more than a scary horror movie. It's like Signs that way. Signs was a character drama that focused on faith and how one loses or keeps the faith more than it was an alien invasion movie. The Village was along the same lines.

Go see it though. You'll enjoy it if you liked The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable or Signs.

No comments: