Sunday, July 04, 2004

New Jedi Earwig

Well, I finished the final book of the New Jedi Order series just after midnight tonight.

It was an excellent conclusion to an excellent series. I have to say that it was a very DIFFERENT ending to the series than I'd expected, but it was good nonetheless. The nice thing about finishing this series is that I can finally start reading the rest of my books without being drawn back into Star Wars for several books at a time.

Next book on my list: The Sparrow (aka Jesuits in Space)!

Speaking of alien invaders, we're being overrun with earwigs. Sometime midweek they started crawling out of everywhere and I've been finding them inside the house, crawling on me, crawling all over the doors outside... in short, it's an attack by ugly bugs.

I know there was a big earwig population boom a few years back, so this may just be a cyclical thing. I hope that it's like our ant problem where they seemed to be everywhere in the house for about 2-3 weeks and then now we see just one or two a week if we're lucky.

I did have a gross encounter with an earwig tonight though. I was eating some chips & dip while reading and as I went to reach for the next chip in my bowl, out crawls an earwig. Suffice it to say, I crushed him but good. Then I ate the rest of the chips.

I just wish I knew whether the earwig was in the chip bag or the bowl or if it was just passing through when I spotted him... oh well.

No comments: