Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where Are Frank And Gordon When You Need Them?

I've had to call Bell twice this week to try to figure out why my internet connection keeps flaking out.

In the past I'd have to reset my router every month or two when it would just stop sending a signal to the net. No biggie. But twice this week I've had instances where the net just went down for 20 minute or longer and no amount of switch-flicking would rectify the situation. It would eventually reconnect to the net but the second incident in as many days had me thinking that my modem was dying.

I finally talked to someone higher up the food chain at Bell than the lowly Tech Support weenies and they ran a few other tests that seemed to verify that the modem was dying. On the upside, that means I'll have a new modem in a day or two. On the downside, I have to hope that my net connection stays stable for two more days.

Oh well. At least I fixed this before I head out of town next week!

No comments: