Friday, August 25, 2006

Why Stephen Colbert Fights the Rancor

I'm just putting this here because Garrett likes to watch it. He must have had me rewind the tape about 8 times this morning before I couldn't handle it anymore.



Speaking of good things on TV, did anyone else catch the documentary on CBC last night called "Why We Fight"? It is fantastic. I'd almost rented it a few times but I got to watch it for free instead. Hooray!

It's a very balanced (though disturbing) look at the build-up of the American military-industrial complex from the 60's to today. The scary thing is that almost everything that Eisenhower warned against in his farewell address seems to have come to pass.

It was kind of cool to have my birthday mentioned several times during the course of the documentary though. Of course, my birthday was also the day the opening salvo of the Iraq War was started, so I'm not sure if it's such an honour...

No comments: