Tuesday, July 11, 2006

A mind of a child is so fun and squishy to play with

Garrett is convinced that his daddy can make thunder. I'm going to have to get him to start calling me Thor. During the big storm yesterday we were both sitting inside watching the rain and the lighting and listening to the thunder. At lunch time, it was still thundering and lightninginging around here but Garrett was sitting at the table away from the window.

Whenever I saw a flash of lighting out of the corner of my eye, I'd look over at Garrett, tell him to listen carefully and then point my finger at the ceiling at the same time as the thunderclap hit, saying a little, "Boom!" for emphasis. He'd laugh and say, "Daddy boom!" and tried pointing his finger at the ceiling but alas, no boom.

Kids are so fun sometimes.

Today was a different story though. Garrett was a man on a mission. He was going to have pizza for lunch if it killed him. He didn't want to play on his bike, he didn't want to go for a walk, he didn't want to do anything today except go to the store and get a pizza. He didn't even really want to look at the lobsters. He just wanted his pizza. He even carried it through most of the store, but eventually it got too cold for his hands so I had to lug it the rest of the way home. He's quite the little helper these days.

I blame all of his recent demanding behaviours on the subversive writings of Douglas Coupland. 2-year olds should not be reading his stuff. Wait until you're four, I always say.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: